Many times, following a divorce settlement, you may wish to modify the terms of the original divorce decree. For instance, perhaps you are a father and you had originally agreed to continue paying child support as long as your child was attending a four year college and you simply can’t afford that now.

Whether this will be granted is a complex process, and requires a good attorney who understands how to handle modifications.