The non-custodial parent (the parent with whom the children don’t live) is required to pay money to the custodial parent for the support and maintenance of the children. This happens until the age of 18, or when the child graduates from high school, which ever occurs later. Other factors may come into play as well. If the child is disabled, child support may be ordered to continue indefinitely. Check here for our Texas child support calculator.